VNF Series cryostats—sample in flowing vapor
- Cooling type: LN2
- Minimum temperature: 65 K to 77 K (temperatures below 77 K with optional pumping manifold)
- Maximum temperature: 325 K
- Sample environment: Flowing vapor
- Cooldown: 30 min (to 77 K)
- Sample change time: <10 min
- Typical stability: ±50 mK (measured with temperature controller)
- LN2 capacity: 1.2 L
- Working time (typical): 6 h to 8 h
- Initial cooldown time (from room temperature): Approximately 30 min
- Approximate weight: 19 lb (11.5 kg)
The VNF cryostat is an inexpensive liquid nitrogen cryostat offering operating temperatures from 65 K to 325 K. Simple to use and refill, the VPF system uses a refill style displacer assembly and built-in heater to provide variable temperature capability. Temperatures below 77 K are achieved using an optional pumping manifold. High-temperature capability is provided using special sensors and heaters.
Optional window materials can be installed to span the far/mid- IR, VUV, and x-ray regions for a variety of spectroscopic measurements. The refill assembly permits the refilling of the LN2 reservoir without affecting the controlled temperature.